~xenrox/public-inbox

5 2

[ntfy-alertmanager] Silence in ntfy web doesn't work?

Details
Message ID
<41e61f25-23fc-9c1f-5ea6-14b0c0484ae3@jacksonchen666.com>
DKIM signature
pass
Hi

I self-host the ntfy-alertmanager bridge. I have set it up and it works.

In the web app of ntfy, I see the silence link. It doesn't work, because
of a CORS error.

I can't figure out why

Header (seems to be added by ntfy-alertmanager):
access-control-allow-origin: https://ntfy.jacksonchen666.com

Console log:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading
the remote resource at
https://ntfy-alertmanager.jacksonchen666.com/silences. (Reason: CORS
request did not succeed). Status code: (null).

P.S. For ~xenrox specifically, would accept a patch for priority config
in resolved alerts? (Sending 2 emails feels a little odd, I can start a
new thread if needed)
--
Jackson
PGP (ask for public key): 786EFFD632E233EF3AB9B9CC9E4FA9055FFD9E30
On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 05:57:01PM +0200, Jackson wrote:
> Console log:
> Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the
> remote resource at https://ntfy-alertmanager.jacksonchen666.com/silences.
> (Reason: CORS request did not succeed). Status code: (null).
Ah I don't actively use the web app, so I haven't run into this yet.
I will add the necessary changes for it to work.

> P.S. For ~xenrox specifically, would accept a patch for priority config in
> resolved alerts? (Sending 2 emails feels a little odd, I can start a new
> thread if needed)

Yes sure, that sounds useful. There probably should be some more
settings regarding labels and resolved alerts [1], but for me the
current settings are good enough.

[1]: https://todo.xenrox.net/~xenrox/ntfy-alertmanager/9
Details
Message ID
<ybvi5qmljtibmhs5jmgxvzyozaizffjdhdt4f5sfu3euncmhxb@fdbpfchz2foy>
In-Reply-To
<41e61f25-23fc-9c1f-5ea6-14b0c0484ae3@jacksonchen666.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing
This should be fixed now. You can either build from source or use the
docker dev image.
If it still does not work for you, comment on this issue please:
https://todo.xenrox.net/~xenrox/ntfy-alertmanager/21
Details
Message ID
<e1eedc9b-406b-69b2-b889-ced04d98bce5@jacksonchen666.com>
In-Reply-To
<ybvi5qmljtibmhs5jmgxvzyozaizffjdhdt4f5sfu3euncmhxb@fdbpfchz2foy> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing
On 2023-08-16 1:27, Thorben Günther wrote:
> This should be fixed now. You can either build from source or use the
> docker dev image.
I have gotten the latest and it is now running on my server.

> If it still does not work for you, comment on this issue please:
> https://todo.xenrox.net/~xenrox/ntfy-alertmanager/21
I'll try to remember to report back whether it works (extra email reply)
or doesn't work (comment on issue).
--
<ed51a92e-2fd3-1bfc-89d1-7ccbf4a56695@jacksonchen666.com>
On 2023-08-16 1:27, Thorben Günther wrote:
> This should be fixed now. You can either build from source or use the
> docker dev image.
Yep, fixed. Just had to remove my extra CORS header from my reverse
proxy (that I don't remember adding).

On 2023-08-16 21:44, Jackson wrote:
> I have gotten the latest and it is now running on my server.
That actually wasn't true, since I didn't actually pull the changes.
Also, because go 1.21.0 still hasn't landed in my distro, I had to cross
compile the binary (which wasn't a pain, fortunately).
--
Jackson
I use plaintext email! You should too. https://useplaintext.email/
PGP (ask for public key): 786EFFD632E233EF3AB9B9CC9E4FA9055FFD9E30
Details
Message ID
<eggjz6a2kekv22pcorugwpyrn6p5omclpqonm7xzs6xd2sbifb@bdqhh2vihn5v>
In-Reply-To
<ed51a92e-2fd3-1bfc-89d1-7ccbf4a56695@jacksonchen666.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing
On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 05:51:24PM +0200, Jackson wrote:
> That actually wasn't true, since I didn't actually pull the changes. Also,
> because go 1.21.0 still hasn't landed in my distro, I had to cross compile
> the binary (which wasn't a pain, fortunately).

Well if that does become a problem, I can backport the fix. Go 1.21.0 is
only really needed since I like the structured logging.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)